Thursday, January 18, 2007

Playing with Photoshop

Already photo shop is starting to come in handy. The other day my wife and I went to get some family pictures taken at superstore. My son, who is two years old, was having a bit of an off day and was not in the mood to have his picture taken. Being the great parents we are, we decided it was time for a "smarties" bribe. This worked great and soon he was smiling and the pictures were taken. There was, of course, a small problem of the very prominent smarties that were in Jayden's mouth. Normally I would have just dealt this and moved on, not this time! Soon I found myself scanning the image into the computer and using some newly acquired photo shop skills to carefully removed all evidence of the smarties. The result was excellent and can be found here. Note the smarties are no longer visible. OK so it may not be the most complicated photo shop project ever, but its a start and is something that until recently I would not have known how to do.

Moving to a different note, below is an example of another photo shop image that I was working on in school which plays with some different effects and uses the skills of extracting a "path" or part of an image and merging it onto a different one. By adjusting the contrast I was able to make the two images blend together. Finally, I added a new blank layer where I added red to the eyes and again adjusted the contrast to make the final product.