Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Here we go....again.

Hi, my name is Justin (Juice) and this is my blog. Or at least its one of them, a couple months ago I started a blog to help my extended family keep up to date about how my family and I are doing here in Lethbridge. I found it was an excellent medium to share thought, pictures, and keep everyone updated with out bombarding their email inbox with huge images that may or may not be wanted. Hence the blog, a place where family could go to check us out at their leisure and it has been working quite well. For those that are interested that blog can be found here. For those of you who don't know me, which is likely most of you, you can read my profile and learn almost anything you want to know.

So what I am doing starting another blog? Well the answer is simple. This semester as part of my general liberation education requirements, I decided to take a New Media class. It just so happens, that part of the requirements of this class is to create and maintain a blog journal. So here it is. Fortunately, this first part of the assignment wasn't too difficult as I have already been involved in blogging for a couple months now. I don't consider myself a stereo-typical blogger but rather one who just uses a blog as a means to post pictures and stories that have easy access to family members.

Normally I'm not the type of person one would expect to find in a fine arts class. I am a very analytical thinker, which probably is why I am in a science related field. So why is a science major in this class? Well, I like exposure, I like knowing about how the world functions and today’s world functions via New Media. Internet, video, connectivity, this is what our world has become and one would do well to keep au courant on today's society. Even in the science world, research and ideas must be presented in logical format in order to receive any validation. Hence, it makes sense to me that having at least a familiarity on the working of new media should be a valuable tool to have in the arsenal.

To date I have limited Photoshop experience and no experience at all in Dream weaver, so this course should be interesting. I have always been fairly computer savvy and I am no stranger to the digital world, however I feel I have much more to learn in the realm of editing and manipulating this form of media.

As described in the course out line this blog is to serve as our creative outlet, or journal of the creative processes used while creating the projects that we will be completing over the next few months. As I have never considered myself a creative person this should be an interesting challenge. The personal side of the assignment which includes more information on my interests and background can be found in my profile linked at the beginning of this blog. Or if you missed it you can just click here.

So, once again here is me launching the start of a new blog. Where it will go, I have no idea but it should at least be an interesting ride.

No comments: